WHO: Secondary Band and Choir
DATE: Monday March 2, 2020
DEPARTURE: Wemeet at PMSS at 7:30 am in UNIFORM (concert blacks: dress shirt, dress pants, dress socks, dress shoes) for final rehearsal. We depart by school bus at 8:15 am.
RETURN: We will return to PMSS at 1:30 pm in time for Block D classes.
- 7:30 am Meet at PMSS, final rehearsal
- 8:15 am Load buses, depart
- 8:35 am Arrive Highland Park Elementary
- 8:50 to 9:25 am Perform HPE
- 9:50 to 10:25 am Perform Pitt Meadows Elementary
- 10:50 to 11:25 am Perform Edith McDermott Elementary
- 11:30 am to 12:15pm LUNCH at local strip mall
- 12:25 pm Arrive DJE, warm-up
- 12:45 to 1:20 pm Perform Davie Jones Elementary
- 1:30 pm Return to PMSS, students back in time for Block D classes.
WHAT TO BRING: Your instrument, a pencil, your folder, your music and a snack and lunch/lunch money.
(Put your name on everything please!)
Please let me know if your child has any medical issues that we should be aware of.
Students are reminded that they are representing PMSS and the community of Pitt Meadows on this field trip. Students are expected to be on their very best behaviour at all times on the bus and at each school. Students will be setting an example as role models from the high school; as such students are expected to act professionally and politely at all times. Students are also expected to complete their assigned set-up clean up tasks without being asked. Please also be sure to thank your bus driver and chaperones!
We are in need of 1-2 parent chaperones to assist with this field trip – one chaperone will need to pick up and drive our rental truck. If you are able to help out please let me know. You will be a huge asset to the music department and you’ll get to spend the day seeing some great music played by our student musicians!
SET-UP and CLEAN-UP TASK ASSIGNMENTS:
To be announced in next hand-out prior to leaving.
Our tour of the elementary schools will be a success if everyone remembers the following things:
- Please be on time in the morning. We are starting rehearsal at 7:30 in the Band and Choir Rooms, so you should really plan to be at PMSS by 7:15 am.
- Wear your uniform – Concert Blacks. Dress to inspire – dress shirts, dress pants, dress shoes, dress socks.
- Ensure you bring anything you will need to perform on the tour (do you play an instrument in band OR choir?)
- Bring a snack and water and lunch or money to buy lunch during our lunch break. You may bring your school backpacks along as well.
- Ensure that you are helping set up and tear down without being reminded.
- Follow all instructions from Mr. Renaud and your chaperones.
- Perform your best at every concert! Remember that you are representing the PMSS Music Program!
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact Mr. Renaud.